I consider science and technology to be more significant to us than anything else. Also I was raised by a western culture so my viewpoint is Euro-centric. Make your own list if you disagree.
- Pre-history. Control of fire.
- Pre-history. Agriculture.
- Pre-history. Metallurgy.
- 1519-1522. First circumnavigation of the Earth by the survivors of Ferdinand Magellan‘s expedition.
- 24th November 1859. The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin published.
- 17th December 1903. Wright brothers first powered flight.
- 1940s. First operative digital computers invented.
- 1953. DNA‘s role in hereditary confirmed and it’s internal structure modeled.
- 4th October 1957. Start of the space age when Sputnik 1 launched.
JuneJuly 1969. Apollo 11. Niel Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are the first humans to land on another heavenly body.
- 29th October 1969. ARPANET started for first time at UCLA. Internet born.
- Future (ca. 2015-2050). Technological Singularity attained. AI machines with greater intelligence than humans.
That last point is the scary one on the list. We should be talking about how to tackle it.