- Fall in love.
- Look up at the Milky Way on a clear moonless night from a place far from the glare of city lights.
- Experience a total eclipse of the Sun.
- Speak openly and honestly to the ones you love about your own inevitable death.
- See the Earth from space.
- Hold a meteorite in your hand and consider where it came from.
- Walk round a Saturn V moon rocket and know that humans can accomplish anything if they set their minds to it.
- Walk around your home town for an hour and realize that none of this will exist in a thousand years.
- Stand on a sandy beach by the surf and forcefully command the tide to turn back. Did you learn anything?
- Talk to someone whose world view is radically different from your own. Realize that because you believe something to be absolutely true or a person of authority says something is absolutely true does not mean it must be true.
- Look around you at all the things that make your life healthy, comfortable and interesting. Realize that almost all those things exist because of science and technology.
OK I lied. I listed eleven things. But that was mainly because at least one of the things will probably be unattainable.